Our Programming Directors facilitate the development of programs that fulfill AIGA’s mission. The Social Events Director is responsible for envisioning an annual calendar of social events that reflect AIGA National’s position on a local level as well as the interest of our local design community and environment. The Social Events Director maintains clearly defined objectives for each program, develops event budgets with the Chapter Manager under an annual budget plan, manages volunteers helping with those events and evaluates the chapter’s ability to produce each event successfully.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plan and implement monthly meetups (like Coffee with Creatives) and quarterly events (such as Wine & Design and Drink & Draw) and assist with yearly events such as Flourish and holiday socials
- Manage communications with event contacts and other board members
- Develop and maintain event budgets
- Work closely with Professional Development, Sponsorship, Promotions, and Content Directors and event volunteers
- Report the status of and recap programs to the chapter board through progress reports and program summaries at monthly board meetings and via Slack
- Utilize and build on our database of event vendors and venues
- Attend monthly board meetings and at least 50% of events
- Work within deadlines and utilize project management software (Asana)
Nominations are Due by December 4th, 2020.