The Professional Development Director facilitates the development of educational and inspirational programming that fulfills AIGA’s mission. This director is responsible for envisioning an annual calendar of events that reflect AIGA National’s position on a local level as well as the interest of our local design community and environment. The Professional Development Director maintains clearly defined objectives for each program, develops event budgets with the chapter manager under an annual budget plan, manages event volunteers who are running each event and evaluates the chapter’s ability to produce each event successfully. The director is responsible for maintaining the AIGA identity standards, language for event details (who, when, where and cost) and partnership credit in all event promotions. The director works closely with the Social Events Director, Chapter Manager, Sponsorship Director and Communications Directors to develop and promote programs.
Ideally, this candidate should be passionate, creative, self-motivated and able to keep themselves and others on task.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop annual programming strategies with the chapter board including speakers and workshops that promote learning and inspiration opportunities relevant to the design field
- Implement those programming strategies by contacting speakers/teachers and arranging travel (if necessary), venues, set-up, and clean-up.
- Grow a volunteer committee to help with running events
- Develop and maintain a database of possible event vendors, venues and charges (if any)
- Build and maintain relationships with Program Directors from other chapters in order to share information and ideas.
- Review the National AIGA website chapter workroom for program summaries
- Report the status of and recap programs to the chapter board through progress reports and program summaries at monthly board meetings and via Slack
- Provide a copy of the program summary to the Chapter Manager for the end of year annual report
Nominations are due December 4th, 2020.
How to submit your nomination