The President focuses on the vision and direction of the Board of Directors. The President is the primary contact between the Chapter and the national office. The President is responsible for communicating the National agenda to the local Chapter. The President shares responsibility with the Chapter Manager for running Board meetings, setting an agenda and keeping the Board focused on its mission and objectives.
The President works closely with Board members and initiates and/or decides upon significant proposals that affect the entire Chapter. The President is responsible for maintaining and communicating the Chapter charter and Chapter bylaws. According to the Chapter bylaws, the candidate must have served a minimum of two years on the Board of Directors in the past.
- creating and distributing agendas for meetings;
- assuring that the Chapter pursues its mission consistently with its goals and objectives and assuring the accountability of the organization to the interests of the Members;
- ensuring the accountability of the Chapter and its Board of Directors — to each other and the community;
- performing or supervising specific duties agreed upon by the Executive Board and/or included in the Chapter bylaws (i.e., soliciting signed Board Agreements);
- participating in a monthly leadership calls with AIGA national;
- maintaining communication with AIGA national and communicating relevant items from AIGA national to the local Chapter and Board of Directors;
- ensuring that a complete set of relevant files and instructions are made available to the next President.
Nominations must be received by December 4th, 2020
How to submit your nomination