AIGA Mobile is seeking an Interim Communications Director to complete the current 2-year Board of Directors term that ends March 31st, 2019. The interim director would have the opportunity to run for and serve in the same position or a new position after the end of the term.
The Communications Director oversees the development and implementation of AIGA Mobile communications, strategies, and the communications to support our members. Ensure communications are in alignment with AIGA and AIGA Mobile’s missions and goals. The Director will work to present a clear, unified voice that is in the best interest of the Chapter and consistent with AIGA ethics and communications guidelines. Maintain the sophistication and respect of AIGA Mobile as it communicates with its audience.
- Act as editor-in-chief for all chapter communications
- Ensure communications are consistent and within partnership agreements
- Maintain a calendar of communications
- Assist in developing Chapter Key messages
- Ensure Chapter maintains and follows updated style guide with reference to national guidelines.
- Manage the WordPress-based website, social groups, sms services, and social media accounts
- Answer or forward to the appropriate board member questions submitted via social media accounts
- Create and send email blasts in Mail Chimp and online surveys for news and programming
- Create and manage online event ticketing with EventBrite and eTouches
- Coordinate with the program manager create event pages as needed on social platforms
- Gather and create content (news, contests, job postings, etc.) and schedule it for posting via website, social media and email
- Work with the membership director to gather and create monthly newsletter content
- Create paid advertising campaigns via social media if requested
- Ensure that all content is appropriate and meets AIGA standards
- Create standardized hashtags for events
- Report on web/social analytics at board meetings
- Create and oversee the communications committee – delegate duties as needed for online and print activities
- Photography as needed or coordinating with volunteer photographers
- Videography/editing as needed or coordinating with volunteer videographers/editors
Nominations must be received by June 4th, 2018
How to submit your nomination