AIGA Mobile and Pensacola Designers are teaming up to present Craytive Christmas - a virtual calligraphy workshop by Crayligraphy! If you’re interested in learning calligraphy, but haven’t been able to get started, this is the class for you! Learn the cheapest, easiest and most fun way to write beautifully with the craziest of instruments: a magic marker.
In this virtual class, Colin will give a short introduction into the art of calligraphy followed by in-depth tutorials of the basic fundamentals and techniques to achieve stylistic results and incorporating your writing into a hand lettered piece.
AM I RIGHT FOR THIS CLASS?
Do you have little to no experience in the art of calligraphy and hand lettering? Are you a part of the larger group who is scared to get started because you don’t know where to begin? If so, this is the class for you!
What you'll get:
- An exclusive (only available to workshop attendees) Crayligraphy reference guide
- A hand written-to-drawn final piece—in the style of your choice—that’ll be ready to post to your social media platform of choice
- Small group reviews and discussions as well as one-on-one feedback
- Access to a brand new private Facebook Group for Crayligraphers only where you’ll be able to post your work and receive feedback from Colin and fellow students
Supplies are very affordable and accessible! We'll send you an email beforehand as a reminder but here are our recommendations:
- Broad Tip Magic Marker (Cra-Z-Art, Up&Up, Crayola, etc...)
- Plain white paper
- Card stock (for making holiday cards)
About the Instructor Colin Tierney:
Colin is the guy behind Crayligraphy. He runs Tierney Studio, an independent design company specializing in lettering, calligraphy, illustration, and branding. Colin has worked with clients from all over the world and his work has been published in several books, featured on the web, recognized & awarded around the globe.